Analysis of ICO Utrum
Utrum is a decentralized platform providing reputation-based and quality-curated Crypto reviews, analysis and market predictions for cryptocurrency investors and newbies. The ecosystem is designed to reward participants in OOT tokens through an advanced implementation of crowd wisdom, AI and member-elected “Trustees” who represent the best interests of the network.
The platform will provide the following features and services:
- A comprehensive database of all crypto related products and services with team, product, news and market details;
- Reviews and Ratings for Cryptocurrencies / Tokens / ICO and related crypto services;
- Technical/Market/Educational crypto analysis by experts;
- Marketplace to buy and sell crypto related services;
- Knowledge base with crypto articles and videos to educate crypto novices;
- Networking place to meet other crypto enthusiasts;
- Background checks of ICO/ Crypto developers by investigative analysts;
- Machine Learning Reputation system “Trust Factor ” which can learn rating patterns and results as the community grows to avoid fraudulent practices.
In general Utrum will provide an ecosystem that solves the problems by connecting experienced analysts and developers with investors and newbies.
The idea of the project is absolutely not innovative and not unique. Rating agencies, investment platforms etc. are already working on this field.
Soft cap is 1 000 000 USD; Hard cap is 5 000 000 USD.
Token and fund allocation is as follows:
- Platform Contributors 50%
- Development Team 15%
- Operations Reserve 10%
- Token Sale 23%
- Bounty/Referrals 2%.
- Development 50%
- Marketing 30%
- Operations/Infrastructure 15%
- Legal/Accounting 5%.
The Alpha version of the platform will appear only in the 4th quarter of 2018. The Beta version will appear in the 1st quarter of 2019.
The Platform will earn premium subscription revenue from institutional investors and also will earn revenue from Crypto and ICO Developers.
The Utrum Marketplace for buying and selling crypto-related services will earn 1% from transaction fees within the Platform.
Utrum’s $OOT is an utility token. It can be used in these ways:
- Members can ask Expert Advice;
- Payment of Premium subscription for in-depth tech and market analysis;
- Buying/Selling crypto related services;
- Payment for access to services for Crypto/ ICO developers.
The business plan is not very specific but quite acceptable for this project.
The project has no marketing strategy. There is no a word in the White paper about how the project will be promoted on the market, what marketing tools will be applied.
The project team consists of 7 people experienced in blockchain industry, marketing, business development, web development, graphic design, identity protection, threat intelligence and cyber investigations. Unfortunately the team lacks analysts and experts with experience in the development of AI. The lack of such specialists in the team can have a critical impact on the project.
The Vision of the Market
The White Paper describes the state and dynamics of cryptocurrency and token market. This data has already become a common place in such projects. Not a word about dozens of competitors on the market. The founders of the project seem to ignore the fact that the market is already filled up and there is high level of competition. Do they realize they need to try very hard to capture a market share?
Understanding of the Target Audience
The founders of the project assume the presence of the following user categories on the platform:
Crypto Developers. These are blockchain and cryptocurrency entrepreneurs who can create business pages to be introduced by analysts and members;
Analysts. There are at least three categories of Analysts. (1) Threat Analysts will perform background checks. (2) Crypto Analysts will perform in-depth technical analysis. (3) Market Analysts will focus on trading and chart predictions;
Members. Novices and Investors seeking curated insight into cryptocurrency, ICOs and other blockchain projects;
Trustees. They are moderators who will provide general oversight and input according to the best conduct, interest and goals of the community.
But this is only a description of the roles on the platform. There is no socio-demographic portrait of the target audience. The analysis of its segments and their motivation is not carried out.
The founders of the project see the benefits of Utrum platform in the following:
- Utrum is a decentralized ICO on Komodo platform which is not related to Ethereum;
- Utrum is an Independent Blockchain with its own wallet and explorer;
- Utrum blockchain is backed up to Komodo and Bitcoin Blockchains by using delayed proof of work (dPOW) mechanism for extra security;
- OOT is a privacy coin which inherited privacy features of Zk-Snarks;
- OOT to OOT transactions have a near zero fee 0.00001 and transactions happen within few seconds without any delay.
But it is not clear how all this is fundamentally different from other similar platforms.
The only strength of the Utrum project is the accepted business plan.
The project has serious drawbacks:
- Banal idea of the product;
- High competition in the market;
- Lack of marketing strategy and strong competitive advantages.