Analysis of ICO ServerCube
ServerCube is a project to create a distributed computer network. Servers will be hosted in houses, schools, institutes. The point is that ServerCube computers are very powerful, but take up little space. They are small devices with high computing density. The project opposes itself to AWS, Microsoft and Google, which own centralized servers.
ServerCube has three patent applications for case design/assembly, software for remote monitoring and “swarm” control and optimization algorithms.
The ServerCube network can be used for cryptocurrency mining, BaaS (Blockchain-as-a-service) and applications requiring milli-second response time.
People who "host" a SC Device will be compensated for the costs of electricity and will be rewarded with tokens.
The product idea is excellent and clearly deserves attention. The only question is how the project will be implemented.
ServerCube development started in February 2018, and it is planned to install 500 SC devices in January 2019. But they need to produce these devices. This is not mentioned in the road map.
The business model of the project is quite simple. SC Devices holders bear the cost of maintaining the devices and earn revenue. ServerCube users generate revenue. The project documents includes detailed tables describing the revenue model of ServerCube.
The minimum fund-raising goal is $ 1.5 million, the maximum goal is $ 5 million at the private sale stage.
It is interesting that SC Coins is a security token.
The business plan looks quite adequate, but such an important stage as the production of SC Devices is not described .
We can highlight the following elements of the marketing strategy in the project ServerCube:
- Referral program
- Partnerships with renewable energy providers in areas where the installation of computer facilities is hampered by a lack of power
- Bonuses for early investors
- Online advertising and word-of-mouth discussions.
However, there is no marketing strategy in a holistic form.
The project team consists of 5 members with expertise in the development of IT services for healthcare industry, blockchain architecture, marketing, entrepreneurship, management.
The team looks quite small for a project of this scale.
The Vision of the Market
Market and competitive research haven't been conducted. Perhaps the founders of the project consider ServerCube unique. Maybe they're right to some extent. But in any case, it is worth considering the competition from centralized server providers.
Understanding of the Target Audience
The target audience of the project is divided into two major parts:
- Households, schools, institutes, churches, libraries, companies that are equipped with electricity and Internet connection
- Developers, miners, IT-companies and ordinary companies that need computing power.
The founders of the project intend to offer the ServerCube network with all its capabilities primarily for the companies of pharmaceuticals and healthcare industry, as members of the team are associated with this area.
In general, the founders of the project have an understanding of the target audience, but its detailed analysis haven't been conducted.
ServerCube has several interesting competitive advantages:
- The ability to provide BaaS at a low price and with high profit
- The ability to use ServerCube for the development of AI, VR and mining of cryptocurrencies
- Small size devices and the ability to place them in a variety of places
- High speed of SC Device network.
The project ServerCube has several noticeable advantages:
- High-tech project
- Simple and clear business model.
Disadvantages of the project are as follows:
- No full marketing strategy
- No market analysis
- The number of the team doesn't correspond to the scale of the project.