Analysis of ICO Datareum
Datareum platform offers a decentralized marketplace for high quality data. The project’s starting point will be online surveys. Datareum ecosystem includes:
- Data Marketplace - a “storage” of smart contracts which verifies the legitimacy of data entered; if data is confirmed, it is delivered to a requester
- My DataVault - a location where data providers enter basic personal information
- DTN - a native token of the platform; all transactions are conducted with it
- Requester - an individual or a business requesting/purchasing data. They may commission the survey directly or purchase survey results which were resold on the data marketplace
- Providers - (generally) individuals who provide data for free or for sale
- Market for goods and services - requesters may chose to offer goods and services in exchange for DTN.
An alpha version of the project is ready and available.
The principle method of profiting for Datareum is a transaction fee taken for each successful trade of data for DTN.
The company has short-term and long-term strategy. Short-term strategy starts with online surveys and Data Marketplace creation. Long-term strategy is to integrate all sources of data aggregation into Datareum ecosystem and to establish a marketplace for goods and services.
There is no marketing plan in the WP. According to the roadmap, marketing campaigns would be launched across Europe and USA in Q2 2019, and in Asia in Q3 2019. This means, that intensive marketing activities will start after complete product launch. 20% of funds raised will be transferred to marketing. For the moment, the team is very active on social media platforms. While social accounts were opened just recently, numbers of followers are pretty high (28+K on Telegram, for example). Airdrop and Bounty campaigns started in March 2018.
Team members are specialists in management, finance, IT, marketing, project management, engineering, development and design. Advisors add expertise in investment management, legal, security and blockchain consulting.
The Vision of the Market
The project targets data broker market. The market is dominated by large international companies like Axciom, Equifax and Experian. The market has huge potential with 27% annual growth. Data is coming from different sources and number of these sources is increasing. IoT will become the biggest source in the coming years. The main issue of the industry: those who personally generate information (data) do not own it. Large companies aggregates data and resell it for massive profit. Another problem is that most of data collected by Google, Facebook and the likes is out of reach of individuals and researches. The issue of personal data protection and security remains to be one of the most important.
The WP offers detailed market analysis, supported by stats and graphs, showing team’s clear understand of current state and trends of data brokerage.
Understanding of the Target Audience
Target audience is segmented into two large groups: data providers (mainly, individuals) and data requesters (businesses, researches, academics). Real-life problems are listed and solutions are offered.
There is no competitor analysis in the WP. Data brokerage market quickly becomes very competitive. Aside from traditional - “centralized” - players like Axciom, Equifax and Google, innovative solutions like Opiria and PDATA start to appear. Datareum competitive advantages are the following:
- For data providers - taking control over data, monetization of data, earning money for completing surveys, earning residual income
- For data requesters - making custom surveys, reducing costs thanks to intermediaries elimination, reselling survey results on Data Marketplace (additional income), selling products/services directly to a customer.
Strengths: an alpha version of the product is available. Pre-sale soft cap reached. Solid team with clear vision of market’s potential. The project has short-term and long-term vision and goals.
Weaknesses: there are no financial plan/projections, no marketing plan and no competitor analysis. Team members’ biographies should be added to the WP and on the website (there are only names). There is no FAQ section on the website.